To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Got a License but account is frozen

Options
cjonas
cjonas
Community Member

Hi,

a few days ago my account was suddenly frozen, but I own a valid 1Password 6 license. Have written to the support a few days ago, but didn't get any answer. I've tried to reregister and it seems to work, but my account is still frozen :(

What am I doing wrong? I need 1Password urgently...

Thanks in advance

Carsten

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi cjonas - Sorry for delay. I was able to locate the email you sent over and I just replied back to you. At your convenience, reply back to me so we can continue the discussion over there. Talk to you soon :-)

ref: DHB-86751-593

• viperbob2002
    viperbob2002
    Community Member
    Options

I am getting "Account Frozen" and I already bought 1Password and I have a License, What's going on?

• Frank
    Options

Hi @viperbob2002 - Sorry for the troubles. It looks like back in February you signed up for a 1Password membership. There is a difference between our standalone licenses and our new 1Password.com accounts - https://support.1password.com/why-account/

In order to keep the account active a credit card has to be associated to the billing page. You didn't add any data to the account so if you're no longer interested in using it, you just have to sign out of the account on your Mac -

Open & unlock 1Password on your Mac > Click 1Password in the menu bar > Select preferences from the drop down menu > Click on the Account tab and select your account from the list > Click on the Sign Out button to remove the account. All your data should still be within your Primary vault since you didn't migrate it over.

I will be happy to extend your trial for another 30 days so you can give your 1Password membership a proper test drive. Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be happy to help out.

• viperbob2002
    viperbob2002
    Community Member
    Options

I think I would like to make my 1Password the way it was. I could add accounts and open web links automaticly can you make it the was it was?

• Frank
    Options

Hi @viperbob2002 - It's great to hear back from you. If you don't want to continue with your Individual account. Can you please confirm all your 1Password data is still within your Primary vault? If not, let me know then we can move the conversation over to email so I can better assist you.

If so, then just follow the steps below to remove the account from 1Password on your Mac -

Open & unlock 1Password on your Mac > Click 1Password in the menu bar > Select preferences from the drop down menu > Click on the Account tab and select your account from the list > Click on the "Sign Out" button to remove the account. All your data should still reside within your Primary vault.

Let me know if that helped or if you have any additional questions.

• viperbob2002
    viperbob2002
    Community Member
    Options

Before I do something, What is the purpose of having an account such as that vs the individual account that I have been using for the past 3+ years

• Frank
    Options

Hi @viperbob2002 - I'm glad you asked :-) I'll be happy to explain the differences below -

With our new 1Password memberships all of our apps (Windows, Mac, Pro features for iOS & Android) are included even future paid upgrades since it's built into the monthly pricing. You can also access your 1Password data from any device via the web. There is no sync set up required since we take care of all the syncing on our end. It’s more secure, your data is fully encrypted using a randomized unique Secret Key in conjunction with your Master Password (only you know the keys to decrypt your data). This also includes data recovery, you just have to sign into 1Password using your login credentials and your data will already be there waiting for you.

Customers have been asking us for a long time to make syncing and sharing easier. Based on those demands we created 1Password.com accounts. The only way to provide this service is as a subscription (as there are recurring costs to us to provide it). We provide the sync service as well as the apps as part of this subscription.

https://support.1password.com/why-account/

Our standalone licenses give you the ability to download and install our desktop app. This includes incremental version updates. In addition, you have to set up a sync source using iCloud or Dropbox in order to keep all your devices up-to-date. Note the in-app Pro features for iOS and Android are not included. I'll be happy to extend your trial if you need a little more time to decide :+1:

• viperbob2002
    viperbob2002
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, please extend it and I will look over the add on's, I,m sorry I just thought it was just another update.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @viperbob2002 - You're all set. :+1: Let us know if you have any questions as you start to test drive all the features. We'll be happy to help out.

This discussion has been closed.