To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

2 of every login

Options
courtgunderson1
courtgunderson1
Community Member

Good afternoon,

I have an individual account but just set up a family account. For some reason, my phone is showing two of every login, while my my account is showing only one login per website. Has anyone else had the issue of their account showing two of each login? If so, how did you fix it?

Thanks,

Court

Comments

• TDK1044
    TDK1044
    Community Member
    Options

Your phone has a 'Primary' vault specific to that device. If you copied the data from your Primary vault to another vault, and you then have 'All Items' selected on your phone, you will see everything duplicated. The solution is to select 'Logins' or another vault rather than 'All Items'. I deleted the Primary vault from my phone once I had migrated the data in that vault to my Personal vault in order to prevent this issue.

• Frank
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @courtgunderson1 - Thank you for reaching out to us. @TDK1044 is right, if you copied your existing 1Password data from your Primary vault over to your new Personal vault, you can then delete the Primary vault. All of your data should now be within your Personal vault which you will use going forward to keep all your devices in sync. When you add a new item to your Personal vault it will auto-sync over to your other devices (as long as your signed into the account) and via the web.

First I would recommend backing everything up -

Open & unlock 1Password on your Mac > Click File in the menu bar and select backup > Click Backup Now.

If you moved everything over to your Personal vault, follow the instructions below on how to delete your Primary vault.

Click 1Password in the menu bar > Select "Switch to Vault" and choose Primary from the list > Click 1Password in the menu bar and select "Delete Vault" from the drop down list. You will have to enter your master password before you can delete the vault.

Let us know if you have any further questions and I'll be happy to help out.

@TDK1044 - Fantastic to see you helping out other users. :+1:

• courtgunderson1
    courtgunderson1
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Frank and TDK1044!

I appreciate it. I'll try it out

• Frank
    Options

Awesome! Let us know how everything turns out or if you have any additional questions. :+1:

• courtgunderson1
    courtgunderson1
    Community Member
    Options

It worked perfectly guy's! Thanks again...

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of @Frank and @TDK1044 , you're welcome! :) Let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.