Not receiving latest version via software update - Mac App Store version

Brompton
Brompton
Community Member

Hi,
I purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store last year. I've been receiving App Store updates, which were automatically installed, up thru version 6.5.3. However I've not gotten any further updates since. Your latest version is 6.6.2. Auto install is still set however i specifically requested App Store to check for updates and it still did not show an update for 1Password.

My Mac is running El Capitan (10.11.6). It is an older MacBook Pro (purchased 10/2007) running a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor. I see the App Store lists 64 bit for compatibility. I don't know what bit my processor is.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:update

Comments

• Brompton
    Brompton
    Community Member

Update - I think I've confirmed that my processor is 64-bit.
    Here are the specs: http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-2-duo-2.4-15-santa-rosa-specs.html

So I don't see any reason why my Mac isn't receiving the latest version via the App Store update process.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Brompton,

I'm not sure why the Mac App Store isn't showing an update for 1Password, but we'll be happy to help figure it out! If your Mac is running El Capitan, it's definitely compatible with the latest release of 1Password 6 for Mac.

First, please open the main 1Password app and go to 1Password > About 1Password in the menu bar. The window that opens should show the version number and that it's from the Mac App Store. If for some reason the version shows 6.6.2, you already have the latest installed. Also, if it happens to show that it's from the AgileBits Store, then it sounds like you downloaded it from our website at some point (and possibly deleted the copy from the Mac App Store).

On the other hand, if it still shows version 6.5.3 and that it's from the Mac App Store, please launch the Mac App Store and make sure you're still signed in with the same Apple ID you used when you purchased 1Password. If you are, you should be able to click on the Purchased section and find 1Password on the list. Assuming you see it there, what does the button say to the right? If an update is available, the button should say "Update" (and in that case, it should also appear on the Updates tab).

Please let us know what you're able to find, and we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• Brompton
    Brompton
    Community Member

This is the info from 1Password > About 1Password
    1Password
    Version 6.5.3 (653001)
    Mac App Store

On Mac App Store Purchased section shows OPEN

I have 1Password also on my iPhone and iPad all synced thru iCloud. Would you suggest deleting the Mac app and reinstalling from the App Store?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Brompton,

Hmm, that's odd - if you have 6.5.3 installed and there's an "Open" button next to 1Password in the Purchased section of the Mac App Store, it's definitely not recognizing that there's an update available. Unfortunately we don't have much control over the Mac App Store for something like that, but you can certainly try deleting the 1Password app and reinstalling it - in theory, that should force it to install the latest version, which is 6.6.2.

To delete the app, just drag 1Password from the Applications folder to the Trash (do not use any app cleaning tools, as they can accidentally delete your data as well). Empty the trash, reboot your Mac, then open the Mac App Store again and reinstall 1Password from the Purchased tab (it should have an 'Install' button this time). Does that install version 6.6.2?

• Brompton
    Brompton
    Community Member

Success!
    1Password
    Version 6.6.2 (662004)
    Mac App Store

Thanks!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Brompton

That's great news! On behalf of Drew you're very welcome! I hope that 1Password behaves for you from now on but if you ever need us you know where to find us :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.