To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Why would I want to sync my account using iCloud instead of 1Password?

Options
JBallin
JBallin
Community Member

General advantages/disadvantages?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:why icloud

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @JBallin - Thank you for reaching out to us. Great question! With our new 1Password memberships all of our apps (Windows, Mac, Pro features for iOS & Android) are included even future paid upgrades since it's built into the monthly pricing. You can also access your 1Password data from any device via the web. There is no sync set up required since we take care of all the syncing on our end. It’s more secure, your data is fully encrypted using a randomized unique Secret Key in conjunction with your Master Password (only you know the keys to decrypt your data). This also includes data recovery, you just have to sign into 1Password using your login credentials and your data will already be there waiting for you - like magic!

So there more benefits of signing up for a 1Password membership besides auto-sync. iCloud sync is limited to just your Primary vault. If you have to sync any additional secondary vaults, you have to use Dropbox. With a 1Password membership, you don't have to manage a sync source at all, as long as you're signed into the account on your device, we take care of all the syncing on our end this includes multiples vaults and it works across platforms. iCloud sync is limited to only Apple related devices. I hope this helped a bit and let us know if you have any additional questions.

• JBallin
    JBallin
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @Frank! Still don't understand why anyone would use an outside service to sync, is that because they signed up for 1Password before you offered syncing in house?

• Frank
    Options

Hi @JBallin - You're every welcome! Yes, you're 100% correct. We're no longer marketing our standalone licenses as we feel our 1Password memberships are the better way to experience using 1Password. With our standalone licenses you have the option of syncing via Dropbox or iCloud.

Keep us posted if you have any further questions. We're always happy to help out. :+1:

• JBallin
    JBallin
    Community Member
    Options

Got it thanks!

• Frank
    Options

Anytime, I'm glad to hear that helped :-) Enjoy the rest of your day!

This discussion has been closed.