"Never For This Site" button request

BugsysDad
BugsysDad
Community Member

I have sites for which I never want 1Password to save or remember my logins. In the past, when the popup appeared asking me if I want to save this as a new login - or update an existing login - there used to be a button that said "never for this site." Selecting this option would prevent 1Password from repeatedly asking me if I wanted to save this particular login. Why was this feature removed, and can you please bring this back in an update soon?

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• pervel
    pervel
    Community Member

It's still there. Click the gear icon to reveal the option:

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BugsysDad,

I hope pervel's reply was helpful for you! Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have more questions or need help with 1Password. :)

• BugsysDad
    BugsysDad
    Community Member
    edited March 2017

Thank you @Drew_AG - I wasn't seeing the gear icon because my 1Password is normally locked when this occurs, and I am being prompted to unlock 1Password if I want to save the site. I was sure in the past that the option to never save the password for this site was available before unlocking 1Password, but I could be wrong. In any event, I now know I have to unlock 1Password first. Seems like an unnecessary extra step to require an unlock first, but it will have to do. Any chance a future update could make the "never save" option available without unlocking 1Password first? Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@BugsysDad: I don't think we'll be changing that. I think you may be right that it used to be possible though. Long ago the 1Password 3 extension had its own database. It made some things more accessible in the browser, but caused a lot of other issues. Now 1Password mini handles all of this. I find that setting 1Password Preferences > Security to fit my workflow helps, so maybe there are some adjustments you can make there as well that will better suit your needs. Let me know if you have any questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.