"Read Only Mode." despite licensed install

stevemeck
stevemeck
Community Member

About a year ago I paid for full version of 1Password. I had to re-install recently due to 1Password mini not opening at all. Since re-installing I have not been able to activate it. I am getting a warning that says ‘Read Only Mode. Click Here to Buy”

I went back to the original receipt email with the license information. I clicked on the link to activate my install but despite a confirmation screen showing my name and license details it doesn’t seem to have worked.

Please could you advise how I can activate this software?

1Password Version: 6.6.2 (build #662005)
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: OSX 10.12.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• mspool
    mspool
    Community Member

+1. I had to reimage my Mac and am now running into the same issue.

1Password 6.6.2 build 662004
    Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
    OS Version: OSX 10.12.3
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• stevemeck
    stevemeck
    Community Member

We can't be the only ones. I still have access via phone so can add items there but its a PITA.

• mspool
    mspool
    Community Member

I can add items via the full client itself, just not through the browser extension.

• stevemeck
    stevemeck
    Community Member

Same here.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @stevemeck and @mspool,

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble! If I understand, you each purchased a license for 1Password for Mac from our AgileBits Store. But if you're now seeing the "Read Only Mode" message, that means you downloaded the Mac App Store version of 1Password. That version will be in read-only mode unless you've purchased your license through the Mac App Store, or unless you're using a 1Password.com account.

A license from our AgileBits Store won't work with the Mac App Store version of 1Password, so you'll need to switch back to the AgileBits Store version. First, go to the Applications folder on your Mac and drag 1Password.app to the Trash (do not use any app cleaning tools, as they can accidentally delete your data).

Next, if you still have 1Password 6.app in Applications, try to open it. If it works, great! But if it doesn't work, drag that to the Trash as well. Download a fresh copy of the app from our download site, then open the downloaded .pkg file to start the installation and follow the steps. When you're done, find the new 1Password 6.app file in the Applications folder and double-click on it.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have any trouble with that. Thanks! :)

• stevemeck
    stevemeck
    Community Member

Thats worked for me. Thank you very much.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome, I'm glad that's all sorted out now! :)

• mspool
    mspool
    Community Member

Worked for me. Thanks @Drew_AG

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Drew, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.