Merge 3 vaults.. 2 local 1 dropbox

iamjohn
iamjohn
Community Member

Being a long term user of 1password somehow I have somehow ended up with an iTunes version storing locally on my main computer, one on my iPhone storing locally, and one on another computer using dropbox. I generally use a different passwords on different devices but this is starting to be a headache with quite a few duplications.
What is the best way to merge all 3 sets of data? Without signing up to the new subscription billing...
Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@iamjohn: First, the bad news: you'll have to resign yourself to dealing with any "duplicates" you've created over time, as 1Password can't make those kinds of decisions for us (and frankly I prefer to make my own decisions regarding my data! lol) But merging the vaults together isn't so hard. Just be sure to backup your data from each device beforehand. If you already have one device syncing with Dropbox, make a note of that vault's location. Then, when you setup Dropbox sync on the other devices, choose that same target vault and then Merge and you should be all set. Let me know how it turns out!

• iamjohn
    iamjohn
    Community Member

Thank you, yep probably about 250 duplicates to figure out... Will let you know cheers

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Brenty, you're very welcome! Once you've merged all three vaults, it might be easiest to select 'All Items' in the sidebar of the 1Password app and sort the item list by title, so you can go through and compare the duplicates, deleting the extra copies you don't need. It'll take a little time to go through as many as 250 duplicates of course, but the good news is that once you've done that, you shouldn't need to ever go through that again.

Please let us know if you need more help or have questions about 1Password. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.