Best way to add a person on a 5 person stand alone license

Kingsbridger
Kingsbridger
Community Member

I want to add my spouse as a stand alone user with her own master password being synced up using her own iCloud account on our Apple/Mac based license. I wish to keep my primary master password and use this independently from her new one. I opened the app on her iMac profile and the options are 1) New to 1 Password? Start the free trial, or 2) Used 1Password before? - Create a standalone vault. I didn't go further as I assume I'll paste in the license soon after that. I prefer not opening a 1Password account subscription because I've paid for this standalone already and it's underutilized. Love the product btw. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Kingsbridger: Thanks for reaching out, and the kind words! Using local vaults with the standalone app, each vault has a set Master Password. So if you're sharing a vault, you'll share the same Master Password for it (but you cannot share data between iCloud accounts). Otherwise you'll each have your own for separate vaults.

If you purchased a family license, it sounds like she just needs to use it to register the app, and setup a new vault there as you described. You won't be able to "paste" the license though, as it isn't a key but rather a file. It's probably easiest to just forward her your license email. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.