1Password is gone from Mac Mini

JayD2
JayD2
Community Member

As of today (as far as I know) I can't open 1Password on my Mac Mini. It was there and working less than a week ago and is still available on my ipad and iphone. When I try to open the extension in Chrome, I'm asked if I want to open 1Password 6, I click yes and then I get a notice saying the app has to be installed for it to work. I can't open the 1Password app at all.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:account gone from computer

Comments

• JayD2
    JayD2
    Community Member

Also, when I try to open the keychain from dropbox, it says 1password failed to connect to 1Password Mini.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JayD2: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Unfortunately without some basic information you left out of your post it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, do you have 1Password installed in your Applications folder, or is that perhaps the problem? It may be best to drag any "1Password"s you might have to the Trash, restart your Mac, and then install a fresh copy from our site if you purchased directly from the AgileBits Store, or from the Mac App Store if you bought it there. Let me know what you find!

• JayD2
    JayD2
    Community Member

Thanks for your quick response. I can still see it in my Applications folder along with the info on the key, but I just keep getting the "failed to open" pop up. I haven't tried installing a fresh copy from your site because I don't have the key to log in.
    Can't use my 1Password to log in, cuz I can't open 1Password.
    I'm running Sierra 10.12.3. I can't give you any other info on 1Password. I always update as soon as I get a notice to except for the last update, so whatever version was before the last update is what I must have been using. I'm pretty sure I purchased from the Agile Bits store 3, maybe 4 years ago.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @JayD2!

I haven't tried installing a fresh copy from your site because I don't have the key to log in.

You don't have to have any sort of account or key for our site to download 1Password for Mac - you can simply click the "Download" link on our download site here: https://agilebits.com/downloads

So, here's what you'll want to do to get things working again:

1. Open the Applications folder on your Mac and drag the 1Password app there to the Trash (do not use any app cleaning tools, as they can accidentally delete your data).
    2. Empty the Trash and reboot your Mac.
    3. Download a new copy of 1Password from our download site (same as the link above).
    4. Open the downloaded .pkg file to start the installation and follow the steps.
    5. When you're done, find the new 1Password 6.app file in the Applications folder and double-click on it.

Hopefully that solves the problem, but please let us know if you need more help. :)

This discussion has been closed.