OS X Helper Autosubmit Error

pbGuy
pbGuy
Community Member

I've received this error message several times after submitting a logon sequence. (I've noticed when I click "Ok," the logon completes. This error does not occur consistently; so, I'm uncertain about the cause.

Please advise what / where I should check to correct.

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pbGuy,

Thank you for the screenshot! That error message is referring to the auto-submit script which is installed by the Mac App Store version of 1Password. It's a very simple script which simulates pressing the 'Enter' key after the 1Password extension fills your login information on a website.

I don't know exactly why you're getting that error about the script, but you can try disabling & re-enabling the auto-submit feature to see if it helps:

1. Open the main 1Password app and go to 1Password > Preferences > Browsers.
    2. Un-check the option for ‘Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords’.
    3. Hold down the control key and go to 1Password > Quit 1Password and 1Password mini in the menu bar.
    4. Open and unlock the 1Password app again, go back to Preferences > Browsers, and re-enable ‘Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords’.

Now try using the 1Password extension to fill a sign-in form on a website again. Do you still get the error message?

• pbGuy
    pbGuy
    Community Member

Thanks for the disabling toggle steps, which I've now completed. I'll update again (with web site details) if the error reoccurs.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good! Hopefully it works correctly for you now, but please let us know if the problem starts happening again. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.