1Password update to version 6

This discussion was created from comments split from: Account Keys?.

Comments

• barletto
    barletto
    Community Member

I have been using 1Password for years and recently purchased an update to 1Password6 but I'm having a tough time moving over.
    I believe I have a "standalone" version of 1Password ? (Version 3.8.22 (build 32010)) and I don't see a way to see an Account Key?
    How do I proceed to move over to the new 1Password6?
    Thanks

• barletto
    barletto
    Community Member

Hi, I've been using 1Password for many years and recently purchased and upgrade to 1Password6 but I can't seem to move my account data over. The challenge seems to be the account key, I can't find it following the directions. I believe I have a "standalone" version of 1Password (Version 3.8.22 (build 32010)). How do I proceed?
    Thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @barletto,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help! I hope you don't mind, but we've moved your posts to a separate thread so we can focus on your specific situation.

If you see a reference to an Account Key (aka Secret Key), that's something you would only have if you've signed up for a 1Password.com account (a new subscription service we started offering last year). 1Password 3 for Mac is a much older version which didn't support 1Password.com accounts (we added support for those in version 6) so you won't find any options to sign into an account in version 3.

If you have your data in 1Password 3 and are trying to upgrade to 1Password 6, you can do that by following the steps here: How to upgrade from 1Password 3 on your Mac

Basically, when you install and open 1Password 6 on your Mac, it should be able to find your data from 1Password 3. Once all your data is in 1Password 6, you can delete the old version (do not use any app cleaning tools, as they can accidentally delete your data).

If you've signed up for a 1Password.com account, the next step is to migrate your data to that account in 1Password 6. We explain how to do that here: Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Does that help? Please let us know if you have any questions about that or if you run into any trouble. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.