When I double click on the small 1psw icon on the top of safari 1psw does not open

John330
John330
Community Member

Can't add much. Worked yesterday. I am able to use the main 1psw app in the launchpad but not the safari icon.

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: OSX 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Since downloading your latest update I can no longer open Ipsw from the upper toolbar on Safari.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @John330,

Do you mean you're trying to open the main 1Password app by clicking the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar? That won't launch the main app - instead, the extension should look just like '1Password mini', which is the 1Password icon in your Mac's toolbar. When you click on either the browser extension icon or the 1Password mini icon, you should see a 'Search' bar at the top, suggested Login items for the site you're currently viewing, the Password Generator, some item categories, and so on. Are you seeing that? From your description, I'm not sure if you're trying to launch the main app from the extension in Safari, or if the extension isn't working properly.

Can you please describe what you see when you click the 1Password icon in Safari?

• John330
    John330
    Community Member

Hi Drew,
    Thanks for the quick response.
    When I clicked on the icon in safari nothing happened. The icon grayed out for an instant but the usual icon where I enter my pw did not pop up. Tried many times. Today it's working fine. Never had this problem before.
    As it was the 17th March, I'm blaming the Irish.
    Thanks again, John

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni

Hi @John330

Or it might have simply been Friday 17th ;) Anyway, on behalf of Drew, you are very welcome :)

Daniel

This discussion has been closed.