cannot connect to mini despite downloading the latest version, tried the "terminal" too

Options
preddy1
preddy1
Community Member
  1. Cannot connect to mini. I've tried downloading the latest 6.6 and tried using the terminal and copy / paste but could not type in my computer pass word. It will not let me, its as it my key board froze.
  2. my i phone and iOS don't sync.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cannot connect to mini despite downloading the latest version, tried the "terminal" too

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@preddy1: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! It sounds like you simply have an old version of it hanging around still. Please do the following:

1. Go to the 1Password app menu, hold the Control key, and select the option to Quit 1Password and 1Password mini
    2. Do a Spotlight search and drag any copies of the app you find to the Trash (do not use a "cleaner" app!)
    3. Restart your Mac
    4. Install a fresh copy of 1Password from the AgileBits website

Regarding syncing, for that to happen you'll need to either sign up for a 1Password.com membership or configure sync for each device yourself:

1Password sync options

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.