I used a 1Password generated password, but the bar is still red.

jacrone
jacrone
Community Member

I had an insecure password for the website Elfster, so I generated one using 1Password. In the Edit mode, the passwords is max green. However, after I click save, the password drops back to the minimum red bar. This is the only site where I have encountered this. Is there a reason this is happening? Is the website itself not safe, or am I doing something incorrectly? Thank you!

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: MacOS 10.12.3
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jacrone,

Thanks for bringing this up. You're not doing anything incorrectly, and I'm not aware of any reason why it would be unsafe to use that site with the new strong password you've generated for it.

In the Edit mode, the passwords is max green. However, after I click save, the password drops back to the minimum red bar.

Indeed, that's a bug we're aware of. From the latest comments in a related discussion

snapperfish noticed the same symptom as you:

Curiously, when I click on 'edit' the indicator returns to healthy green, for as long as it's in the edit mode (even though I haven't reset the password).

rudy (one of our developers) replied:

Thanks for your feedback on this issue, it helps to know that the indicator is only wrong when not in edit mode.

We appreciate your feedback as well. :+1:

Sorry for any inconvenience and confusion this bug is causing 'til we get it squashed.

PS: I've moved this discussion to the Mac category since it's a better fit there. :)

ref: OPM-4897

• jacrone
    jacrone
    Community Member

Thanks so much for the quick reply! I'm glad to know that the site is still safe to use.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your quick acknowledgement, @jacrone. Have a great weekend! :chuffed:

• Hi Jacrone,
    Are you syncing your 1Password with another device? If so, what platform is the device (Android, iOS, etc...) and what sync method are you using?

• jacrone
    jacrone
    Community Member

Hi Chadseld, I'm syncing with an iOS platform using 1Password. It's working really well! :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @jacrone! Chad's been looking into this problem, so I'll make sure he sees your answer in case he has more questions. :)

ref: OPM-4897

This discussion has been closed.