BofA - Mac - Chrome

Options

Mac OS 10.12.3, Chrome v56. Bank of America saves my userID (plus more, if I had them) in a dropdown on the front page. Filling in the password using the 1Password Chrome extension resets the dropdown. Choosing the userID in the dropdown then resets the password, and I'm in a loop. All other sites are behaving normally.

1Password Version: 6.62
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: OS X v 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @egospoon,

The main https://www.bankofamerica.com/ page has this non-dropdown Secure Sign-in form:

I'm not aware of any issues with 1Password saving and filling there. Can you help us locate the specific dropdown that's giving you trouble? :)

Chrome v56.

Even if unlikely to matter for the issue you're having, you might want to update to the current stable version of Chrome (57.0.2987.98).

Cheers!

• egospoon
    egospoon
    Community Member
    Options

Aha!

Before using 1Password, I had used the site's own "Save Online ID" feature, which changes the username text box to a dropdown, as pictured here.

To change it back to a textbox that 1Password can work with, I clicked on Security & Help, then Manage Saved Online IDs, then deleted my one saved ID.

Thanks for the response. All good now.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @egospoon,

Thank you for the explanation, it's always good to learn more about how some sites behave, especially the financial institutes as they're the toughest to troubleshoot (no way to create test accounts like many sites). Let us know if you run into any other oddly behaving sites :smile:

This discussion has been closed.