I cannot update 1Password on my Mac. It seems to work on my iPhone just fine.

sculptormodel
sculptormodel
Community Member
edited March 2017 in Mac

I do not remember, nor can I find, the Apple ID with which I purchased 1 Password from the Apple App store probably in 2015, maybe 2014.
My Mac is prompting me to update. I may have bought 1Password when I still had my [email removed for privacy] email. I think I have tried everything to figure out an Apple ID to upgrade, but nothing has worked. Please help!

Please help! How will I know that someone posted an answer? Or, better yet, when may I speak with a human???

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.63
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:My Apple ID is not working so I cannot update 1Password

Comments

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sculptormodel

First things first, I have removed your email address from your post for your privacy ;)

Now, when you purchase an app from the Mac App Store, you normally receive an electronic invoice to the email address you used to purchase it. Can you find such receipt in your Mail app? Apple does not allow developers to access purchase details from the Mac App Store for privacy reasons, so unfortunately I am not able to look that up for you.

Daniel

• sculptormodel
    sculptormodel
    Community Member

Thanks, I'll try to find that. BUT, I have been having huge email issues, and deleted everything in Entourage since moving my files to Outlook which didn't sort and then to Mail.
    What if i can't find it? I know i paid for it probably in 20145 or 15.

• @sculptormodel,

The email will probably have come from no_reply@email.apple.com if that helps any.

Rudy

• sculptormodel
    sculptormodel
    Community Member

I found my 1Password invoice from the iTunes store. I will try to get in touch with them. Thanks!

• Hi @sculptormodel,

Please do reach out to Apple to see if they can transfer the purchase to your new Apple ID. If possible to do, then that's the way to go. If they can't do that, please reach out to us via email at support@1password.com and include your receipt email from Apple. We'll figure something out for you. I would highly recommend that if you email us, you post the support request id that you receive back from the auto-responder to this forum thread. This will allow us to jump between the two systems and help you better.

Rick

• sculptormodel
    sculptormodel
    Community Member

Thank you, Thank you! I will send scans of the two paper receipts from January 23, 2013. My inbox only goes back to early 2016.
    HUGE THANK YOU!!!

• Don't thank me yet, we haven't done anything. :)

Rick

• sculptormodel
    sculptormodel
    Community Member

Rick, please tell me where to find the support ID request number?

• @sculptormodel : did you get an email response back from our support system? It could take a few minutes to get that auto-response back. It should look something like AAA-11111-222 (but with random numbers/letters).

Rick

• sculptormodel
    sculptormodel
    Community Member

I'm sorry, I thought I was now working with you. Okay, I have four emails from AB Support. The most recent email from AgileBits Support has this number: [#RPC-72567-736] Does this look like the correct code?

Now I will scan the two invoices.

• @scultormodel : I've found an email from you from 3 days ago (RPC-72567-736) that I'll reply to and you can send me the receipts there.

Rick

ref: RPC-72567-736

• sculptormodel
    sculptormodel
    Community Member

Beckner1PasswordMacInvoice 03-20-2017 11-02-02.pdf
    Beckner1PasswordiPhone&iPad 03-20-2017 11-04-52.pdf

Thanks for trying to get this fixed. I just want to continue using 1Password.

• @sculptormodel : understandable. If you could reply to the email I've sent we'll get things sorted out.

Rick

• sculptormodel
    sculptormodel
    Community Member

Do I understand you correctly? You want me to attach the two invoices to a simply "reply" email and forward it to you along with the RPC number?

• @sculptormodel : I've sent you an email that looks like this:

I'm hoping that by now this email is in your inbox. If you could reply to that email and attach the invoices, that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rick

• sculptormodel
    sculptormodel
    Community Member

Rick, now I am really confused. I replied in the AgileBit email with the information you requested. It turned around and said it was a robot!
    Please give me an exact email address to send my invoice copies to.
    I am grateful that you are doing your best to help. You ARE wonderful!

• sculptormodel
    sculptormodel
    Community Member

Rick, did you get copies of the two invoices? Shall we meet again late this afternoon or tomorrow morning?

• Hi @sculptormodel,

Yup I received them and I've sent you a reply. We'll handle this via email going forward, as I get notifications whenever you reply where as on the forum I don't. Should be able to get this sorted for you faster that way.

Rick

• sculptormodel
    sculptormodel
    Community Member

You are a sweetheart. Thank you!!!

• I've been called many things on the forum, but this one's a first. :)

Rick

This discussion has been closed.