Can't add existing account to 1Password 6.6.3 – Plus button is grayed out

markskoultchi
markskoultchi
Community Member

The topic title says it all. I had to uninstall a slightly older version of 1PW (think it may have been 6.4.something) and after installing 6.6.3 I don't have the option to add my account with all my passwords. Naturally, I'm very anxious to get this resolved. Do you have any idea why I'm unable to add my account?

Thanks guys.

Mark.

PS: Also, I suppose this is just a default message, but when I try to open 1PW now and my Master Password fails the hint I receive is Frank Moon, which is not a hint that relates to my actual password. Also, my backups are gone from my computer, I suppose erased when I uninstalled the earlier version of the software.

1Password Version: 6.6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac 10.10.5 Yosemite
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• markskoultchi
    markskoultchi
    Community Member

Update: I downloaded the application from the Apple App Store, where I guess I originally purchased 1PW. My previous failed attempts to install the software and sync my account were based on software I downloaded from the agilebits website. Downloading from Apple App Store seems to have resolved the problem. The version is 6.6.2 rather than 6.6.3, but it's working.

• markskoultchi
    markskoultchi
    Community Member

HOWEVER, I can't seem to get the Chrome browser extension to work, which actually is why I uninstalled 1PW originally. Thought that if I started fresh, a new install of 1PW, I might be able to get the browser extension to work, but it still doesn't. Wondering if others are having a problem with the Chrome extension. I'm able to install it, but when I click on the keyhole button in my browser menu bar it just opens a new tab and webpage that says "Open 1Password?" which I do. Then I get a window that says "Looking for 1Password" and "Couldn't connect to 1Password." It also prompts me to open 1Password Mini, which I do, though it doesn't make a difference.

Any thoughts?

• markskoultchi
    markskoultchi
    Community Member

UPDATE 2: I had read in another string that the problem with the Chrome extension may be a conflict with a parental control application called Qustodio. Turns out I recently installed Qustodio on my computer and, after uninstalling it today, the 1Password Chrome extension works again. So, confirmation that Qustodio is the problem! Would love to see the two apps play nice together, but for the time being, I'm opting for the awesome convenience of the 1PW Chrome app and punting the Qustodio app.

• If I'm reading everything, it sounds like you've resolved all of the issues yourself @markskoultchi?

It's unfortunate that certain apps can hinder the communication between the browser extension and the app. We've got some things in mind that might help this in the future, but it's not something that's ready yet.

Rick

• markskoultchi
    markskoultchi
    Community Member

Yep, sorry if I wasn't clear, Rick. All issues have been resolved. I kept the thread going mostly for the benefit of other users who may also install Qustodio and wonder why the 1PW extension stopped working, because I didn't make the connection myself!

Qustodio says they're aware of the conflict and are working on a fix.

Mark.

• That's great to hear. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any more issues.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.