Import vault from backup

basilr
basilr
Community Member

Hello, I installed 1Password on my new Mac, and got my main vault from the iCloud sync without problems.
I however had another vault which wasn't synced through iCloud, but is on the backup from my old computer. I can't find an option to import only the secondary vault without replacing my main vault. Is there a way to do this?
Cheers,
Bas

1Password Version: 6.6.3
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: macOS 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @basilr,

Do you mean you have a .1p4_zip backup file from your old Mac? Restoring from a .1p4_zip backup will replace your current database with everything from the backup. However, if that backup file contains up-to-date copies of both vaults, there's no reason not to restore from it.

Otherwise, can you let us know a bit more about that backup? Is it a .1p4_zip backup file, or something else? Do you still have the old Mac that backup file is from? What version of 1Password is on that old Mac? Did you by any chance sync that secondary vault via Dropbox? I'm sure we can help you get this all sorted out one way or another, we just need to know some more details. Thanks! :)

• basilr
    basilr
    Community Member

Hello Drew_AG,

Thanks for your reply! I actually had the whole Library section from the old computer, incl the .1p4_zip file. Since no simple way seemed possible reading your reply, I rethought and just made a new user, test user of 1Passport, copied the old data and exported the vault, then imported it to my own user's 1Password. Worked like a charm, all good now.
    Cheers!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome, @basilr! I'm glad you figured out a workaround to restore your secondary vault. Thanks for following up to let us know!

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, we're here for you. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.