different versions of 1password

adellas
adellas
Community Member

I just downloaded 1password 6 and although initially the app wouldn't open it seems to have sorted itself out somehow now BUT when I open the app on the finder bar top left it says 1password 6 whereas in the dock it says 1password 5... Any thoughts?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni

Hi @adellas

Just to confirm, did you download 1Password from our downloads page? What operating system are you currently using?

Also, when you said that the app didn't open, did you receive an error message?

Daniel

• adellas
    adellas
    Community Member

using 10.11.6
    downloaded from your site yes... was running version 4, upgraded to 5.4.3 and the to latest.
    error was along the lines of The application "1Password 6.app" can't be opened.
    thank you!

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @adellas! I suspected there might have been an upgrade path involved here. Does closing and reopening the app help? Or perhaps rebooting the system?

• adellas
    adellas
    Community Member

I'll try rebooting... closing and opening hasn't helped.

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni

Thank you! Keep us posted ;)

• adellas
    adellas
    Community Member

unfortunately rebooting hasn't solved the problem... sending and image showing part of the finder bar and my applications folder

• @adellas,

If you locate the 1Password 5.app in the Finder and do File -> Get Info on it, what does the Version section indicate that it is?

I have a feeling your 1Password 5.app is really 1Password 6.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.