Combine records instead of linking

bkb
bkb
Community Member
edited March 2017 in Mac

Hello. I'd like the ability to combine records and be able to choose what kind of record to combine as, rather than linking two records together.. For instance, I do a lot of traveling and have a lot of frequent flier accounts, hotel memberships etc.. Currently the way 1 password seems to work is I can create a Reward program record or membership record and keep the details, however, if I go to that company's website, 1 password keeps a separate user name and password record for the website.. I would like to take these records, merge them as a Rewards Program record and have 1password keep working as normal filling in my password when I visit the site. With this, I would not need to keep two separate records for what are essentially one rewards program.

1Password Version: 6.6.2
_Extension Version: 4.6.3
_OS Version: Sierra 10.12.3
_Sync Type: 1password cloud
_Referrer
: forum-search:combine instead of linking

Comments

• Hi @bkb,

This is something that we want to be able to do, but we aren't there yet. Login items are treated specially by the app in order to be fillable, and that doesn't extend to Reward Program items or anything but Credit Cards and Identities. And even then, a Credit Card item only knows how to fill credit card forms and not login details.

The scenario you describe is one we're very familiar with and we absolutely want to do something better here. We have some really interesting ideas for how that could work, but they aren't ready for development yet.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.