The password generator on my chrome extension has copy only button....no fill button

Options

Watched video...signed into Amazon change password page..clicked on browser 1Password symbol...clicked on password generator symbol...generated password...copy only option so I copied and pasted into both new password and confirm new password fields...clicked ok on Amazon...signed-out...selected Amazon login from 1Password...contained old password no longer recognized by Amazon which was expecting generated password...tried resetting password but security question failed and am now locked out of Amazon. How to get 1Password to recognize copied generated password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:changing password

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @kendai1945,

At a guess you're running 1Password 6 for Windows. The Password Generator in 1Password 6 for Windows does only have a copy button and no fill button. The stable version of 1Password 6 for Windows also doesn't have the ability to recognise a change password form and offer to update. Both of these will come in future updates as 1Password 6 for Windows is still catching up to 1Password for Mac and even it's older cousin 1Password 4 for Windows. 1Password 6 for Windows was a complete rewrite to support 1Password accounts and so the Windows development team has been hard at work to make 1Password capable of everything the older version could do.

You should find there is a Password item in your vault, an item 1Password will make any time you use the Password Generator. It will contain the new password and if you edit your Login item and copy and paste the new password in you should find this gets things running again. In a future version of 1Password 6 for Windows you will find 1Password will ask if you wish to update an existing Login item and help automate this procedure. I hope this helps, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.