I'm upgrading my Mac but the licence file won't work

nabbott
nabbott
Community Member
edited March 2017 in Mac

I have the licence file (sent to me by one of our IT guys) and it tells me "You are Licensed" (Taylor Grimes) but it won't associate with the new install on my new mac book pro.

1Password Version: 6.6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Sierra 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cant upload licence file

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nabbott,

Where are you seeing "You are licensed"? If you open the main 1Password app and go to 1Password > License from the menu bar, and the window that opens shows the "You are licensed!" message, that means your license file is already applied, so you're all set and don't need to do anything else.

If you install 1Password on a new Mac, you'll need to apply the license file to it. If you have the actual license file saved somewhere on that Mac, just double-click on it. Once you do that, you can open 1Password and check 1Password > License to confirm it worked.

Does that help? Let us know how it goes, thanks! :)

• nabbott
    nabbott
    Community Member

Turns out I hadn't sync'd - so a classic case of user error! Thanks for the reply

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome, and I'm glad to hear it's all working correctly now! If you need more help with 1Password or have any questions, just let us know - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.