I can no longer add vaults in desktop app or online

john_format
john_format
Community Member
edited March 2017 in Business and Teams

I was just added a to a team 1P account. As part of the migration I was instructed to delete all vaults on my desktop app (deleting the 'Primary' vault last).

I did that and I'm properly synced to the team vaults (including my 'personal' vault on the team account).

However, I no longer have any option to add my own vaults. I'm not sure what's happening here. Ideally I'd like to add a vault that is independent of the the team account.

Is anyone able to help? I'm not sure if this a bug, or intentional feature. Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.6.3 (663004)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Sierra 10.12.3 (16D32)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @john_format! I'm sorry for the confusion. When you migrate everything to a 1Password account and remove your old vaults, it disables local vaults. You can enable them again if you want to create vaults outside your account, or you can create a personal account for those items. To enable vaults outside your account:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Choose 1Password -> Preferences from the menu bar, then click Advanced.
    3. Check the "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts" box and enter your Master Password when prompted.

Hope that helps clear things up :)

• john_format
    john_format
    Community Member

@Jacob that worked!! Thank you very much

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Jacob, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.