How do I create a shared vault when I'm using my legacy 6.6.1 version of 1Password?

scidoc
scidoc
Community Member

I get information on 1Password.com that doesn't seem applicable to the version I am using.

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Help guide for legacy 1Password users?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @scidoc,

1Password 6.6.1 for Mac isn't a "legacy" version, but the latest update is for 6.6.3, so it's a good idea to install the update so you have all the latest fixes and improvements.

Are you asking how to create a vault you can share with friends or family? If so, you can do that with 1Password Families. Each member of the Families account would have a Personal vault for their own private data, and also access to a Shared vault - any items you move or add to the Shared vault automatically show up in 1Password for the others who have access to it (new vaults can be added by the family organizer). We have more information here: Share passwords with your family

Hopefully that answers your questions, but please let us know if you need anything else. We're always happy to help! :)

• scidoc
    scidoc
    Community Member

Hi, Drew,

Thanks for your speedy reply. I used the word "legacy" because the help links take me to the 1password.com help, not the version I am using. For example, your link gave me directions "Sign in on 1Password.com," but I don't use 1password.com. I found the instruction, "To share a vault, click the pencil icon on the vault." but my version doesn't have a pencil icon. I recognize that Agile changed its business model; I worry that instructions for the version I purchased have become "legacy" and hard to find.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @scidoc,

Ah, thank you for clarifying - sorry I misunderstood what you meant! It sounds like you're trying to find steps to share a vault via Dropbox, and in that case, you can find them here: How to share a vault using Dropbox

I hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.