I can only see team vault, and not my personal vault on MacBook

melanie17
melanie17
Community Member

Hi,
I have got a personal 1password account, and then a while ago we created a team account for our company.
On my iPhone I can see both vaults, and I used to have both on my MacBook. I have just bought a new MacBook and redownloaded 1password. I have added the team vault, but I can not seem to add the personal vault. It is saying that I need an account key, but I don't remember ever having one. I have also tried clicking on the 'find your account' link on the website, but it just returns the team account not the personal one.

please help :)
Melanie

1Password Version: 6.6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Icloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @melanie17,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble adding your individual 1Password.com account to 1Password!

You would only have an Account Key (aka Secret Key) if you had signed up for a 1Password.com account. Is it possible you didn't sign up for an individual 1Password.com subscription account, and instead purchased a license for the standalone version of 1Password for Mac? If you're syncing your own vault via iCloud, that probably means you have a license for 1Password, but not an individual 1Password.com account. (1Password.com accounts sync through our own servers and don't use iCloud or other third party sync services.)

You can confirm this on your iPhone - open 1Password on your iPhone and go to Settings > 1Password Accounts. That will show you the accounts you're currently signed into on that device.

Also, if you go back to the Settings screen and select Vaults, is the first vault named "Primary"? If so, that's a local vault which isn't part of any account (if you tap on Primary, it will probably show that it's syncing via iCloud).

But don't worry, this is all easy to fix - if you're signed into a Teams account in 1Password on your Mac and need to add a local vault to sync with your data in iCloud, just follow these steps:

• Open & unlock the main 1Password app on your Mac and go to 1Password > Preferences.
    • Select the Advanced tab.
    • Enable the option for "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts".
    • Enter the master password for your 1Password account and click Create Primary Vault.
    • Once you've created a Primary vault, go to 1Password > Preferences > Sync and select iCloud as the sync option.

Please let us know how it all goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• melanie17
    melanie17
    Community Member

hi @Drew_AG
    thank you very much for your response.... it has worked a treat :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome, I'm glad that was helpful! You should be all set now, but please let us know if you need more help with 1Password. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.