1Password browsers extensions don't fill login forms

gabrielmaldi
gabrielmaldi
Community Member

This problem started a couple of weeks ago, between 2 and up to 4 maybe, with one 1Password update (I think).

Everything worked fabulously until every browser extension stopped filling login forms: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling every extension several times, to no avail.

Before I updated to v6.6.3 (a minute ago), I could still choose a website from the 1Password Chrome extension; this opened a new tab browsing the website and the login form was correctly filled.
However, if I first browsed the website myself and then selected it from the 1Password extension, the form wasn't filled.
But this workaround I had found (browsing the website through the 1Password extension) stopped working as of v6.6.3.

Also, I just created this account to post my question and 1Password didn't offer to save the login. This was working fine in other websites before this update (v6.6.3).

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.6.3 (663004)
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90 (Chrome)
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gabrielmaldi,

I'm sorry you're having problems filling Logins with the 1Password extension! I don't know why it was only partially working before and not at all since a recent update, but we'll get to the bottom of this one way or another.

It looks like you're using the latest version of the 1Password app and the extension, and I'm guessing your browsers are also up to date. Can you also let us know a few more details which might help us figure out what's going on:

• Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password? (From the main app, go to 1Password > About 1Password to check.)
    • In the main 1Password app, if you go to 1Password > Preferences > General, is there a check mark next to Always keep 1Password mini running?
    • If you click on the 1Password mini icon in your Mac's menu bar, does it show a message like "Trial expired" or "Read-only mode"?
    • Are you using a 1Password.com account? If not, did you purchase a license for 1Password from our AgileBits Store or the Mac App Store?

Thanks in advance! :)

• gabrielmaldi
    gabrielmaldi
    Community Member

Hi Drew,

Thank you for your help.

• I'm using the AgileBits Store version.
    • Always keep 1Password mini running is checked.
    • Yes, I'm using the trial version of 1Password and it has expired recently.
    • I'm not using a 1Password account.

So I'm guessing that when the 1Password trial expires, the feature that fills forms is disabled, correct?

Thanks

• @gabrielmaldi,

Yes, that is correct.

Rudy

• gabrielmaldi
    gabrielmaldi
    Community Member

OK, I imagined it could be that; but I'm guessing this was changed only in recent versions and that's why I noticed it.

Thanks for your help, Rudy.

• @gabrielmaldi,

Indeed, we brought the behavior in line with what we were doing for the Mac App Store version.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.