To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

can i access my passwords through the web on a computer that does not have 1password installed?

Options
ernie4703
ernie4703
Community Member

My daughter is not a 1Password user. Can I log on to my 1password account on the web and use my passwords on her computer?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can i access my passwords through the web on a computer that does not have 1password installed?

Comments

• TDK1044
    TDK1044
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, if you are a member of the 1password subscription service. You would go to https://yourname.1password.com/signin and log on. You'd need to know your secret key (Account Key) and I'm not sure it's a good thing to do from a security point of view, as your daughter's computer may not be secure. There would be an assumption of risk on your part. I'm sure that a team member here will give a more detailed answer.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @ernie4703 - Great question and TDK1044 is right, one of the benefits of having a 1Password membership is the ability to access your 1Password data from any device via the web. Just use the information listed on your Emergency Kit to log into the account using Safari, Chrome, or Firefox. You can always log into the account with private mode turned on or if using Chrome, incognito mode to ensure your login details are not cached on your daughter's computer. I hope this helped and let us know if you have any additional questions. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.