WLAN Sync fails between Android non-Pro 1Password 6.5.1 and Mac 1Password 6.6.3

Options
geonjay
geonjay
Community Member

I have what I believe to be the latest version of the Android App and Mac application loaded. I have the WLAN Server enabled on my Mac and it's showing me the passphrase. On my phone I have the app loaded and WLAN Sync enabled. Both devices are on the same network.

1) The mac is on a wired connection, the phone is, obviously, on WiFi.
2) I can use JuiceSSH on my phone to ssh into my Mac using the internal/private IP address with no issues.
3) I have the firewall completely disabled on my Mac.
4) The WLAN support pages indicated that I should see my Mac (named Mac-Pro via Settings->Sharing) listed on the Sync page of my phone - it doesn't show up there. Under "WLAN Server" I see a ghosted text section that says "Sync automatically" - I don't see a section where a computer name would show up.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

1Password Version: 6.6.3 & 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:wlan android

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @geonjay. Thanks for reaching out today! :)

On the Settings > Sync screen you're viewing, is WLAN sync toggled on? If so, have you already completed the initial sync between your Android and Mac? If not, please tap the Categories screen and pull to refresh to trigger sync on your Android. Once you've triggered sync, either by pulling to refresh or tapping Sync from the overflow menu (the three dots in the upper right corner), 1Password on Android should begin searching the network. Do you see the Mac at that point?

• geonjay
    geonjay
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply! WLAN Sync is toggled "On".

This is the error I get after pulling down on the Categories page, or tapping Sync on the overflow menu
    "Can't connect. Open 1Password on your computer and ensure WLAN server is running."

Using lsof I can see that 1Password Mini is listening on a LOT of ports, but I don't see the main 1Password app listening on any ports :-/

• megolla
    megolla
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I got the same problems and error message on my android:

"Can't connect. Open 1Password on your computer and ensure WLAN server is running."

1password is running on Android and on my Mac, both are in the same Wlan;

Yesterday I switched to a new Macbook and used the Migration Assistant to move all my stuff to the new disk -- everything is working so far except 1passwort…

Any suggestions what I could do?

• megolla
    megolla
    Community Member
    Options

Hi!

I get the same error-message:

1passwort is up and running on my Android and on my Mac – and they are on the same Wlan!

Everything worked fine until I got a new Mac yesterday and used the Migration Assistant to move my stuff to the new machine…

Any suggestions, what I could do?

• peri
    edited March 2017
    Options

@geonjay Thanks for the update. Do you have the macOS firewall enabled? If so, please open System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall on the Mac, and then click the lock to make changes. Open up the firewall options and make sure that it is not set to "Block all incoming connections."

1Password on Android uses Network Service Discovery to connect with Apple’s Bonjour service for WiFi sync. Having the firewall set to block all incoming connections will block 1Password on your Android device from being able to communicate with 1Password on Mac. Let me know if that helps!

@megolla Your problem is caused by something else. WLAN sync is supported between a single computer and one or more mobile devices, so once you configure sync between a mobile device and computer, you'll only be able to sync that device with that computer. Android will ignore any other computers it finds on the network, since it's not able to sync with them.

Does your Mac have all of your up to date data on it, or is there anything on Android that you'd lose by starting over to sync with this new computer instead?

• geonjay
    geonjay
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Peri,
    I don't have the macOS firewall enabled. Tomorrow I'll try to get the Mac on the Wifi and see if that makes a difference. Do I need to have the premium version of the Android app for this to work?

• peri
    Options

No need for the premium version to sync, @geonjay. That feature is enabled by default. Please do get the Mac on Wi-Fi and let me know how that goes!

• megolla
    megolla
    Community Member
    Options

Hi peri!

Thank you for the tip to delete the data on my android phone and starting all over again – worked like charm! :-)

Fortunately I didn't have any new data on it…

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, great! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Peri, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.