1Password mini shortcut for switching vaults on different keybord

_MMM
_MMM
Community Member

In 1password application there are keyboard shortcuts for switching vaults (command + 0 ... comand + 9). I use Czech keyboard which has following characters: "+ěščřžýáíé" instead of "1234567890" (US keyboard). Even though shortcut for switching vaults works.

However with 1password mini I am unable to switch vaults with this keyboard shortcut unless I switch to US keyboard. Only workaround I found was to use numpad (command + 0 (on numpad)...).

1Password Version: 6.6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: 1password and Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017

@_MMM: Thanks for reaching out. Can you clarify this for me? It sounds like you're saying that using +ěščřžýáíé works to switch vaults in the main 1Password window in lieu of 1-0, but not in 1Password mini. Is that correct? That's surprising, and I don't have a Czech keyboard to test this with, but maybe we can find a solution for a future version. To me it sounds like one might be relying on the keyboard scan codes, while the other is going by the characters themselves. Let me know if there are any other details that might be relevant!

• _MMM
    _MMM
    Community Member

@brenty

works to switch vaults in the main 1Password window in lieu of 1-0, but not in 1Password mini. Is that correct?

Yes. That is correct.

That's surprising, and I don't have a Czech keyboard

You don't have to use physical keyboard. Go to System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Input Sources and add Czech keyboard layout.

Let me know if there are any other details that might be relevant!

I can investigate further. Just tell me what to do :-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@_MMM: Well that was easy. Thank you! :lol:

I was able to reproduce it and have filed an issue so the development team can look into this. Thanks for bringing it to our attention! :)

ref: OPM-4964

This discussion has been closed.