Passwords are disappearing from 1Password on my Mac

This discussion was created from comments split from: Login/password disappears on MacOSX after refreshing 1P on Android.

Comments

• Mark3
    Mark3
    Community Member

Some of my passwords are disappearing from my application on OSX sierra. When I tried open my ios phone to retrieve them and update my vault, my phone synced and I watched the login I need disappear. I have 1Passowrd on my iPad, but do not want to turn it on and risk the syncing problem. I read about using the backups, but I have several new logins that will not be in the backup, thus creating a similar problem of not having the complete vault. 1Password is also on another OSX. Additionally, my wife has a separate vault, but I'm not sure if the logins I need are in there.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
    Extension Version: 4.6.3
    OS Version: OSX 10.12.3
    Sync Type: WLAN

• Mark3
    Mark3
    Community Member

I had the needed login on my wife's OSX and was about to put it into my OSX, when the vaults automatically synced. Instead of syncing to add the login to my OSX, they again synced to remove it from the other version of the vault on her OSX. Why does it do that? I have not checked, but if I create a login on my iOS, when I sync with my OSX will the login be imported or deleted? This is the first problem I have had with an exceptional product that I rely on heavily, and it is driving me bananas. I sent the OSX diagnostic report, but could not find "Mail" in settings in iOS to send the report. I use "Yahoo Mail" and "Outlook" for email on iOS. Not sure how to get the iOS diagnostic reports to you. Also, do you want a diagnostic report from all devices I have 1P on?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mark3,

Thanks for sending the Diagnostics Report from your Mac! I'll add some internal notes with details from this forum discussion so it's easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information, and to let you know about the other diagnostics reports. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there.

ref: NKT-52598-325

This discussion has been closed.