Does 1Password support the cliqz browser? MS Edge?

Can 1Password to work with the cliqz browser (Their web site is at: https://cliqz.com/us/)?? Is also possible to use it with MS Edge?? I now use it with Chrome & Firefox. I am a fully paid & registered user. If 1PW does not now work with cliqz & MS Edge, are there plans to make it compatible with these browsers in the future?,

1Password Version: 4.6.1.620
Extension Version: 4.6.3 (Firefox), 4.6.3.90 (Chrome)
OS Version: Win 10 PRO
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cliqz

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @myrc,

CLIQZ does not support extensions so it is very unlikely that out extension will ever work there. This is a deliberate move on their part (see Why does CLIQZ for desktop not allow add-ons?.

It's a better story for Microsoft's Edge. Edge currently has limited extension support but Microsoft are working on improving this. We're keeping a close eye and looking forward to when it's possible to do so. That said support is likely only going to be for 1Password 6 for Windows as it will necessitate a completely different way of communicating with the 1Password client, ways not backwards compatible with older versions.

As it stands 1Password 4 for Windows still has support for Internet Explorer as well as Firefox, Chrome and a number of Chromium based browsers such as Opera and Vivaldi.

• richard_weber
    richard_weber
    Community Member

Hallo @myrc , @littlebobbytables
    thank you for starting this thread. We at Cliqz would actually be very happy to include 1Password. Some time ago I reached out to some AgileBits Team members to see whether we can set this up - we would like to "review" the 1Password extension.
    @littlebobbytables , could the both of us maybe have a call on Skype some time?
    Thank you, best regards
    Richard (richard@cliqz.com)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @richard_weber,

I've fired off an email :smile:

ref: FCM-79195-361

• sweet_t_nd
    sweet_t_nd
    Community Member

+1!! Without 1Password, it's hard to move to CLIQZ as my default browser. Two great products, would love to see the two work seamlessly together!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Here's hoping! :)

• richard_weber
    richard_weber
    Community Member

As always - super fast reaction by the AgileBits team. Being a 1password user myself, I hope we can realize that soon! Thank you, @littlebobbytables

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

:smile:

• spleaf
    spleaf
    Community Member

Gentlemens (@littleboobytables and richard_weber), How is the current situtation with including 1PW in Cliqz? I am a fully paid 1PW user for more than 6 years. It is always important for me that my passwords are always safe, like it is with 1PW, but equally or higher important is the protection of my private data. For the last mentioned reason, I moved to Cliqz. Temporary, I use both great product with copy function - unfortunately, am starting looking for another password manager, although I am very satisfied with 1 Password.

It would be really great, if both products would be work together.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Right now, 1Password does not interact with Cliqz and we're not currently adding any new browsers to the 1Password whitelist. We do have some ideas for the future to allow you more control over what is allowed to connect to your 1Password data, but right now, I don't have anything more concrete to share about what we're considering. We do know it is a need, though, and we appreciate your patience while we work toward a robust solution.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• mkok993
    mkok993
    Community Member

Hello Jamie,

Does it meant that Cliqz did not integrate the add-on because 1Password add-on collects personal data? I can't think of any other explanation - seems that both 1Password and Cliqz worked together on the integration before the progress stopped.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mkok993: Nope. As lil bobby mentioned above, they don't offer a way for any extensions to work with them, not just 1Password.

1Password doesn't collect or transmit personal information or browsing habits. You can learn more on our support site:

About 1Password and your privacy

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mkok993
    mkok993
    Community Member

Thanks @brenty!

However, Cliqz also says, answering to the question Passwordmanager: Why only Lastpass?, that

Other password managers, like 1password or Dahslane may be checked by us in the future, but we have to have access to the code and have a stable contact to the respective company.

Some time ago Richard Weber, director of the product at Cliqz, reached to AgileBits about integrating 1Password into Cliqz. So I was wondering why the process stopped. Wouldn't AgileBits benefit of having 1Passwords as an alternative to LastPass in Cliqz?

• Greetings @mkok993,

Communication took place both with Cliqz and internally once we were sure we fully understood all the requirements. At this point in time it is felt we're not in the position to meet the requirements to appear in Cliqz's store on top of the existing requirements for the currently supported browsers. As with many aspects of running a business it comes down to tough decisions on how best to allocate available resources and maximise their use. I would love it if we could support a much larger range of browsers but there are various challenges in doing so ranging from resources to security and so on.

As it stands the list of supported browsers is:

• Safari (macOS only)
    • Firefox
    • Chrome
    • Vivaldi
    • Opera
    • Brave

I would love to see that list expanded one day but the primary focus has to be with the top three in that list and in seeing what we can do for Edge.

• DieterLegatPass
    DieterLegatPass
    Community Member

Unfortunately, the browsers you support all happily collect private data for ?Zuckerberg etc., by shadow collection. Zuckerberg "does not know about shadowing" per the hearing ... but of course they do it. Interesting to now also read that the last major data theft was stored on servers in Russia.
    You just MUST link 1Password with browsers like Cliqz (more will come with blockchain).
    Please comment on your plans, thank you, Dieter

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DieterLegatPass: As far as I can tell, neither Facebook nor Russia owns or otherwise controls Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Safari, or any of the alternative browsers we support. And most (if not all) of these have built-in privacy features and extensions that can be used for this purpose as well. If you're concerned about Facebook (as many of us are), it's simple (if perhaps not necessarily easy socially) to opt-out by not using it.

This discussion has been closed.