Cannot get the QR scanner to work

MrIllustrator
MrIllustrator
Community Member

Hi, I cannot get the QR scanner to work in 1Password.
I've seen it demonstrated in a quicktime movie by another user and my one behaves differently to the video I've seen.
First of all I was looking for a save button or take picture now button because nothing appeared to happen.

In the video I've seen the corners of the scanning square are white and then turn green the second it is dragged across the QR code in the background.

On my version, the corners are green all the time immediately when it appears on screen no matter where it is either over the QR code or not. This has got to be a bug.

Any ideas please as it means I can't use one time passwords.

Thanks
Bill

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MrIllustrator: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately without some basic information on which version you're using it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me your OS, 1Password, and device versions, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For example, where are you getting the QR code in the first place? I've seen cases where sites would sometimes generate an image of a QR code that http://www.qrstuff.com revealed to be invalid. Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.