MacBook Pro Apps - Using 1Password

leilajake
leilajake
Community Member

Hi, I have a new MacBook Pro and LOVE the ease of using TouchID with 1Password. However, am l missing something or is it possible to use TouchID and 1Password to open local apps (not web based ones). For example..when l open my locally installed Quickbooks app I have to manually enter my email & password. I can't use Cmd+\ to invoke 1Password. Another example is opening a locked Word or Excel document, I have to manually enter my password. Is there a way around it.
Thanks
Leilajake

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @leilajake,

Thanks for writing in with your question! On a Mac, 1Password can fill sign-in forms on websites by using the 1Password extension you installed in the web browser. But other Mac apps don't have extensions like web browsers do, so there is no direct link between those apps and 1Password. So you would need to copy & paste your info from 1Password into the app. To make it a bit easier, you can use 1Password mini, which is the 1Password icon in the menu bar at the top of the screen. We have more information about that here: Copy and fill passwords into apps that don't work with 1Password

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you need anything else. Have a great weekend! :)

• leilajake
    leilajake
    Community Member

Thanks drew_ag. I will go and check out the post.
    Cheers
    Have a great weekend too.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great! We're here if you need us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.