Help ! iPad 1password cannot link with dropbox.

Options
KMKM
KMKM
Community Member
edited March 2017 in iOS

On 3 weeks ago, I incorrectly erased 1password from my iPad. So, I re-installed 1pass from AppStore again on last night and then chose “dropbox” on “Already using 1password?”. But the 1pass is absolutely closed ! I cannot use it. What should I do ?

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.2.1
Sync Type: drop box

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@KMKM: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Can you explain what you mean by this though?

But the 1pass is absolutely closed ! I cannot use it.

What exactly is happening? Thanks in advance!

• KMKM
    KMKM
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your response.
    Sorry, my comment was not clear.
    When I chose “Dropbox” on “Already using 1Password?”, the 1Password link with Dropbox. On next step, I chose “permission” and then the app terminated abnormally.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017
    Options

@KMKM: Ah, thanks for clarifying! If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to uninstall the Dropbox app and try again, so that 1Password can do the authorization itself. Otherwise restart your device, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening (you should be able to create a new vault or open a different one at least):

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Please send it to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Please post the Support ID you receive here. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

• ksnowden
    ksnowden
    Community Member
    Options

I have been having the exact same issue all day! I was trying to get my Mac, iPhone 6 and iPadAir all up to date with the new versions from the app store and it is working fine with the iPhone6 and Mac, syncing thru Dropbox. I even bought the Pro upgrade on the iPhone today but I can't get it to work on my iPadAir. I uninstalled and reinstalled the older version that was on the IPadAir (1Password Pro 3.7.2). It will not connect to Dropbox! I even opened Dropbox on my iPadAir at the same time-- just in case. I downloaded the new version, resigned to just start over but it won't proceed without the Secret Key, which I don't have because I purchased mine from the App Store. I generated several diagnostic reports today in the process. All of my Sierra OS and iOS software is up to date. What should I do now?

• ksnowden
    ksnowden
    Community Member
    Options

Well, what a difference a day makes! Today, determined to try again---I figured it out myself! Thanks and no need to reply!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad to hear you got it sorted out! Just in case it benefits anyone else, 1Password 3 was developed in 2009 and hasn't been under active development for years, so it doesn't support recent iOS software/hardware. Similarly, Dropbox phased out the API being used back then in 2013, so it isn't possible to connect 1Password 3 to Dropbox anymore. 1Password 6 is available from the App Store with support for both Dropbox and iOS 9/10 though. Cheers! :)

• KMKM
    KMKM
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

By the your suggestions, I also figured it out.
    Thank you very much ! I love 1 Pass !

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update, and the kind words. You are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.