Personal vault working with Alfred

massive323
massive323
Community Member

I use a really handy app called 'Alfred' which i'm sure a lot of you know works rather well with 1p. I started using a personal vault last year and i've only just realised that when i try and search for a password using Alfred it's only searching those passwords in my 'primary' vault. I've looked at my preferences and my personal vault is of course being backed up in my dropbox but where do i direct alfred to my personal vault inventory?

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017

@massive323: While 1Password.com accounts couldn't initially be indexed for use with 3rd party apps, we added this feature in version 6.5.1 a few months ago. I wonder if you've simply been using the feature for so long that you've got a an old database there. Please try disabling 1Password Preferences > Advanced > Enable 3rd party app interactions and then enable it again and let me know if that helps. :)

• massive323
    massive323
    Community Member

It didn't work unfortunately. I tried switching it off then restarting the computer, then enabled it and did the same in Alfred but when I look in the 1password tab on the Alfred preferences it's still only showing up my Primary vault's passwords..

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@massive323: I'm wondering if maybe I misunderstood. Are you also using a 1Password.com account, or only local vaults?

• massive323
    massive323
    Community Member

I'm using everything on my main computer so I am using local vaults I suppose. I'm not really savvy with all of this though, I find it quite confusing... so, the vault that all my passwords get saved to automatically is my 'personal' vault but as you can see from the preferences on the photo in only says that my 'primary' vault get saved to dropbox? where would my password data be for my personal vault?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@massive323: A "Personal" or "Private" vault is part of a 1Password.com account, which syncs with our server rather than a 3rd party service. If you go to 1Password Preferences > Accounts, you should see it there, and the vault themselves will be listed under All Vaults. Please don't post anything with information about your account though. I just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing here.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @massive323,

It looks like you're running an older version of Alfred that will only index Login items for the Primary vault, using metadata from the older bookmarks-default.json file stored in these locations:

AgileBits Store version:

~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/3rd Party Integration

Mac App Store version:

~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/3rd Party Integration

Enabling or disabling Enable 3rd party app integrations in Advanced Preferences how 1Password 'interacts' with it.

Starting with version 6.5.1, 1Password for Mac also stores metadata under ~/Library/Caches/Metadata/1Password. This allows apps like Alfred and LaunchBar to search for items across all your vaults. The bookmarks-default.json file is still generated, although it remains limited with metadata for the Primary vault.

For Alfred to index multiple vaults you need at least version 3.2 with its Powerpack. From Alfred 3.2 Released: A Whole Heap of Improvements to Workflows, Snippets & 1Password - Alfred Blog:

1Password Teams & Families Now Supported

Great news for 1Password users; As soon as 1Password 6.5 is released, Alfred will show you results from multiple vaults, including your 1Password Teams or Families vaults.

You'll be able to view all item types too; Non-login items, such as Secure Notes, will be opened in 1Password Mini.

And from Alfred 3.3 Released: Access to Clipboard for Workflows and Snippets Added - Alfred Blog:

Better control over 1Password vaults

In November, we added access to multiple 1Password vaults, including Family and Team vaults, as well as secure notes and other non-login items.

In this release, we give you better control so that you can choose which vaults you want to see in Alfred, and whether non-login items should be included.

That's referring to options you'll see when clicking Vaults.

Current version of Alfred is 3.3.1.

I hope that's helpful. Cheers! :smile:

• massive323
    massive323
    Community Member

that's the one.. thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome, @massive323. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.