Getting rid of Webpage that authorizes connection between main app and browser

Highterrain
Highterrain
Community Member

It is a major pain to have a web page appear everytime I fire up a browser when app connects to browser. Is there a hack that you can turn this foolish feature off since all it does is annoy the end-user. I know on your end you can see via the URL how many times the app is being used, time version etc, etc.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.6.4 (664001) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: macOS Sierra
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Getting rid of Webpage that authorizes connection between main app and browser

Comments

• Hey @Highterrain,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing! Just to be clear, are you saying that you see this connection authorization webpage open every single time you open the browser extension?

This page is only supposed to show up the first time. Once the connection is established, you shouldn't see that page again.

If you are indeed seeing it come up every single time, then it sounds like something isn't working properly - I'd love to investigate what might be going on.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can link it up to this discussion.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID. Please post that ID here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.