Help customizing icons Mac version 6.6.4

Hegner
Hegner
Community Member

Hi there,

I just can't change the default icons on my Mac 1password. I click on the icon(edition mode), chose the other options etc but the chosen icon itself is not saved. Any tips? Thank you so much.

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.3
Sync Type: ICloud

Comments

• Hegner
    Hegner
    Community Member

No idea? The "other" app is so easy...I'd love to stay with 1Password :(

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi there, @Hegner!

Does the custom icon you've added in edit mode show up after after you've saved the item? There's a known issue with a new icon not appearing until the item is saved, intended to be fixed in future update.

I'd love to stay with 1Password :(

We'd sure love you to stay and apologize for the inconvenience of this bug until it's been squashed. :)

Have a great week!

• Hegner
    Hegner
    Community Member

Hi Sjk!
    I can't save the new icon ( well,that's I think). I'm able to choose but not to save it. I mean, when I click the new icon and choose it doesn't save so the old one returns. Very annoying.
    BTW, hope you make this change possible from the iOS version as well. Pleaseeee :)

Thank you for your reply.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hello again, @Hegner!

Sorry if I've misunderstood what you're trying to do that isn't working properly. Here's an annotated example of an item in edit mode after double-clicking its current icon and dragging a new icon (PNG image, in this case) into the icon editor box:

After clicking Save, that item will have the new icon.

If that doesn't help, please let us know what you're doing differently so we can get this figured out. :)

BTW, hope you make this change possible from the iOS version as well. Pleaseeee :)

I've let our developers know you'd like this in 1Password for iOS. Thanks for your interest!

ref: OPI-2827

• Hegner
    Hegner
    Community Member

It worked!! I just had forgotten to click save...when I do the icon shows off.
    Thank you so much :)

• Sorry about that bug. There's a slew of icon changes coming up which will hopefully fix this and other issues with custom icons.

Rick

• Hegner
    Hegner
    Community Member

Glad to know that, Rick! Thank you!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.