Preference option to change display font on Mac

tleaming
tleaming
Community Member

Given that we need to make stronger passwords, and that some characters are hard to read in different fonts, can you please add an new preference option to select the desired display font (Mac OS X).

For example, zeros (0) and capital Ohs (O), and ones (1) and ells (l), are very hard to visually distinguish. Different fonts make it easier to tell them apart, such as slashes in the zeros, and so on.

This feature is already available on iOS, and it has been a godsend. Please make this available for Mac OS X users, too!

Thanks!

Comments

• Hey @tleaming,

Thanks for letting us know you'd like to see the option to change the font in 1Password for Mac!

Just to clarify we did pick a default font that we hoped would make these sorts of discrepancies clear. In addition to slashes through zeros (0), we also colour numbers differently, and make sure that we have serifs to further differentiate letters like ells (l) and ones (1).

Here is a screenshot of how I see those specific characters that you mentioned:

Are you seeing a different font by any chance?

• tleaming
    tleaming
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply! Yes, indeed this is the case for the font for the PASSWORD.
    I should have been more specific, and pointed this out.

What I was thinking of was the text in the USERNAME and the NOTES, where this is not the case, and it would be so helpful to be able to configure. Same for iOS. :-)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for clarifying, @tleaming! Indeed, the difference between those characters isn't quite as clear in other text fields as it is in password fields. I haven't personally found that to be a problem because 1Password fills usernames for me on websites (and I can also copy & paste it if/when necessary), and the information I keep in notes fields isn't typically subject to confusion from the use of those characters. But your use case may differ, so we definitely appreciate the feedback and suggestion!

Thanks again, and please let us know if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.