Move complete folder

ocean12
ocean12
Community Member

Hi,

How can I move or copy a complete folder in a vault with passwords to a other vault.
Not item by item but complete folder with passwords.

Beste regards

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ocean12,

Thanks for writing in to ask! I'm afraid folders can't be copied/moved between vaults the same way items can, so you would need to create new folders in the new vault. However, if you happen to be moving items to a 1Password.com account vault, please note that folders are not supported in accounts and have been replaced by tags.

Sorry for any confusion about that, but hopefully this helps to clear things up. Please let us know if you have more questions or need help with 1Password. Cheers! :)

• ocean12
    ocean12
    Community Member

Oké, about the moving and folders.
    And now how can I edit a selection of password so I can give them the same tag.
    The folder with items must have the same tag.
    Hand by hand will be a lot of work :(

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ocean12,

And now how can I edit a selection of password so I can give them the same tag.
    The folder with items must have the same tag.

Here's a way you can do that:

• Select the folder under the Folders section in the sidebar.
    • Edit an item in that folder and add a tag to it.

• Select all items in the item list for that folder, then drag and drop them onto the tag name under the Tags section in the sidebar.

• Select all items in the item list for that folder again, then right-click and select Remove from Folder from the context menu.

• The items that used to be in the folder now have the tag and you can delete the empty folder.

If you have questions about this or run into any trouble we're happy to help. :chuffed:

• ocean12
    ocean12
    Community Member

Thanks that works
    thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Awesome, I'm glad that was helpful for you! On behalf of @sjk, you're very welcome.

If you have more questions or need help with 1Password, don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.