1Password locks despite auto-locking turned off

siplhium
siplhium
Community Member

I have my 1Password (v6.6.3) preferences set to never auto-lock; all of the checkboxes for auto-lock are unchecked. Still, there are times when 1Password is locked when I log in on my Mac (and not on reboot), and I have to unlock it. This is getting very annoying; why is this happening?

1Password Version: 6.6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.3
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Hi @siplhium - Thank you for contacting us. Make sure you have un-checked all the boxes under 'Auto-lock' in preferences - see screenshot below -

Let me know if this helped or if you have any additional questions :+1:

• siplhium
    siplhium
    Community Member

As I wrote in my post: "all of the checkboxes for auto-lock are unchecked."

• Hi @siplhium - Sorry about that and thank you for clarifying :+1:

Still, there are times when 1Password is locked when I log in on my Mac (and not on reboot), and I have to unlock it.

Are you signing out of your user account on the Mac then when you sign back in you have to unlock 1Password again? Sorry just trying to get a better understanding of issue so I can better assist you. Keep us posted.

• siplhium
    siplhium
    Community Member

No, I rarely log out of my account. Even if I did (or rebooted), would that lock 1Password?

• Thank you for the quick reply back. If you're not logging out of your user account, can you please clarify the below for me?

Still, there are times when 1Password is locked when I log in on my Mac (and not on reboot), and I have to unlock it.

I'm just trying to get a better understanding on what you meant by "when I log in on my Mac". Thank you and I look forward to your reply.

• siplhium
    siplhium
    Community Member

Bad choice of words, perhaps. My apologies. When I'm done working in the evening, my MacBook Air goes to sleep. The next morning, I need to enter my password, since my Mac security preferences are set to require a password x minutes after sleep begins. So technically it is not "logging in"; it is unlocking the machine. Now, if all of my 1Password preferences for auto-locking are unchecked, when, if ever, should I need to unlock 1Password?

• Hi @siplhium - I appreciate the clarification. I don't believe this is normal behavior for 1Password. I would love to have one of our developers take a closer look at the issue. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• siplhium
    siplhium
    Community Member

Frank: Done.

I think I may have misspelled my handle in the email. It's actually the handle that is misspelled, but I haven't bothered to correct it yet.

• Hi @siplhium - Thank you for sending over the report, can you post the support id which is in the subject line so I can locate the report? Keep me posted if you have any questions :+1:

• siplhium
    siplhium
    Community Member

Support ID: #VRT-15966-494

• Frank
    edited March 2017

Perfect! Thank you so much, I was able to locate the email and report you sent over. I'll ask one of our developers to take a look at the report and we'll get right back to you. Let's continue the conversation over there :+1: Talk to you soon.

ref: VRT-15966-494

This discussion has been closed.