Is it possible to create new categories/share category templates?

daleS
daleS
Community Member

I'd like to be able to record my domain names, along with the registrar, password etc. I can't see any category that this would fit into.

It would be good if I could create new categories/create and share category templates.

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:categories

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @daleS,

It looks like your question is about the Mac version of 1Password, so I've moved your message to our Mac forum. I hope you don't mind!

There's currently no option to create custom categories in 1Password, although I think that would be a very cool feature! It would take a lot of work and coordination across the 1Password apps on each platform, but hopefully we can add something like that in a future version.

For now, if you have information that doesn't seem to fit into any existing category in 1Password, the Secure Notes category is a great option, and you can even add custom fields to organize your data the way you want. A post on our blog explains more about that: Secure all the things in Secure Notes

To make it easy to create multiple items with the same set of custom fields, you can set one up the way you want it, then save that as a "template". Then you can duplicate that item (right-click the item and choose Duplicate) and fill in the fields. You can group those items together by using Tags.

Hopefully that helps, but if you have more questions or need anything else, please let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.