I have loaded 100+ items into my iMac 1Password app, but my 1Password web account shows 0 items.

dhemer
dhemer
Community Member

How do I get the items I've entered on my iMac 1Password app into my web 1Password account so that I can view on the web and so that I can synch with my iphone?

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.3
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I have loaded 100+ items into my iMac 1Password app, but my 1Password web account shows 0 items.

Comments

• Good evening @dhemer ! We have a lovely guide for just this very task. You can find it here: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

If you need any other help don't hesitate to ask.

• dhemer
    dhemer
    Community Member

Your instructions provided for importing a preexisting vault as part of opening a new 1Password account. My sequence of events was: I opened a 1Password account through your web portal. Your 1Password app was installed on my iMac as part of that process. I then entered the 100+ items using the 1Password app on my iMac. I was trying to add my iphone to the account using dropbox and assigning to dropbox the 1Password vault on my iMac. The process was not syncing any items to my iphone, and I then discovered that my account accessed through your web portal showed no items in the vault. So I need to know how to synch the vault I created on my iMac to my already created account on your portal.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dhemer,

It sounds like at least part of the issue here is that you're trying to sync your data via Dropbox - if you signed up for a 1Password.com account, sync is built into your account and works automatically by syncing your 1Password data through our own servers. Therefore, your account doesn't use Dropbox or any other third party sync service. If you have a vault that you're syncing with Dropbox, that vault isn't part of your account and you won't see it when you sign in on 1Password.com.

So, if you have 100+ items in 1Password on your Mac, but those items don't show up in your account on 1Password.com, you're probably using a local vault in 1Password which isn't part of your account (and which might be syncing with Dropbox). But don't worry, it should be easy to get this straightened out. :)

First, open & unlock 1Password on your Mac, then go to 1Password > Preferences from the menu bar. Select the Accounts tab in the Preferences window - is your 1Password.com account listed there? If not, you'll need to click the + button and add it. Once you've added your account, the 1Password app should ask if you want to move all your items from the Primary vault to your account vault (go ahead and do that).

On the other hand, if your account is already listed in Preferences > Accounts, you'll need to move your items from the Primary vault to your Personal account vault by following the steps here: Move items between vaults

If all goes well up to this point, you should now be able to see all your items when you sign into your account on 1Password.com. If so, you can delete the 1Password app from your iPhone, then reinstall it. When you open it, you'll be able to choose the option to sign into your account.

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• dhemer
    dhemer
    Community Member

That did it! Thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news! You're very welcome, I'm glad to hear that helped get things sorted out for you. Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.