Autofill NOT working at all on Chrome or Safari. Yes, I reinstalled and restarted ... HELP! [Solved]

Dani_Mack
Dani_Mack
Community Member
edited March 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

Help! This is the reason I have 1password: It autofills my logins when I ask it to. Except now. Now it's not working.

I updated Chrome, trashed and reinstalled the extension, made sure 1password mini was running, updated 1password, and restarted my mac twice. What the heck is going on????

_1Password Version: 6.6.4
_Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
_OS Version: Sierra 10.12.3 (16D32)
_Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Dani_Mack,

Sorry about the form filling not working with 1Password. I'm just wondering when the 1Password Mini window appears do you see a message that says something like "Trial expired. Click here to buy." or "Read-only mode. Click here to buy." at the top of the 1Password Mini window? We made some changes around the handling of filling and whether or not you're in trial mode versus a paid customer.

If you're seeing that message, it would explain the reason why filling into web pages isn't working. The 1Password app isn't supposed to let you fill into the browser unless it has been purchased or is running in the 30-day trial mode. We noticed there were some issues with this which we resolved in our latest update.

I would love to help you get this back up and running so you can fill in your logins and other items. If you have purchased 1Password already then I apologize about this error, please let me know how you've purchased and I can help you get this fixed. If however you happened to be running in trial mode and you haven't purchased yet then I can recommend our new service that provides another 30-day free trial you can use. It's called 1Password Memberships and in addition to enabling the full use of the filling feature, it has many other great features such as automatic cloud backup of your data and simplified sync between all your devices.

https://1password.com/sign-up/

We have a great web page that explains the reasons why we think 1Password Memberships are the best way to use 1Password:

https://support.1password.com/why-account/

I hope this helps and I'm looking forward to helping to get this back working for you.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• Dani_Mack
    Dani_Mack
    Community Member

That was the issue. Thx Matthew! I signed up for a subscription.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Great stuff @Dani_Mack,

Thanks for signing up :chuffed: I hope you like it. We have a guide for how to migrate your data to a 1Password Account on our support website since it sounds like you already have data in your vaults - just in case you didn't see it.

I hope that helps. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.