Can I turn off 1Password for an individual website?

johnnaismith
johnnaismith
Community Member

I don't want my banking login and password saved. Can I turn of 1Password extension for this site?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password is in Chrome toolbar but nothing happens when I click on it

Comments

• johnnaismith
    johnnaismith
    Community Member

I don't want 1Password to save my banking login and password. Can I turn it off for this site?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:1Password is in Chrome toolbar but nothing happens when I click on it

• Hi @johnnaismith

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

On iOS 1Password is only active if you manually activate it. Unless you ask 1Password to save your bank login it won't. That said, I'd be interested to hear why you are not using 1Password for your bank login. Are you already using a secure unique password? One that you've memorized and definitely will not forget? :)

Ben

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @johnnaismith,

I noticed you posted the same question in our iOS forum: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/77170/can-i-turn-off-1password-for-an-individual-website

If you have the same question about the Mac version of 1Password, are you asking how to prevent 1Password from asking if you want to save a Login item when you sign into a specific website? If so, the next time 1Password prompts you to save a new Login for that site, you can click the 'gear' icon in the lower-left corner of the dialog and choose "Never Autosave for this Site":

Alternately, from the main 1Password app, go to 1Password > Preferences in the menu bar, then select the Browser tab. There, you can enter the domain you want to exclude from autosave in the box near the bottom, under "(except on the following domains)".

Hopefully that answers your question, but please let us know if you need anything else. We're always happy to help! :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@johnnaismith, I meant to ask if there's a particular reason you don't want 1Password to offer to save a Login item for that site? Do you already have a Login item for that site but keep getting prompted each time you sign in? Or is there another reason? Just curious if there's a problem we might be able to help you with. :)

• johnnaismith
    johnnaismith
    Community Member

My bank password is entered via a keypad (see screenshot).

For every digit I try to click on the "Unlock 1Password to save this Login" dialog box appears (see screeenshot), causing me to have to either double click each digit or cancel the dialogue box for each action. Most annoying.

I am using Safari.

• johnnaismith
    johnnaismith
    Community Member

"Never Autosave for this Site" fixed it. For good measure I did this as well: "(except on the following domains)"

I didn't mean to post the question twice. I have responded to your question on the other post.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @johnnaismith,

Ah yes, being prompted to save a new Login every time you click one of those buttons would certainly be quite annoying! I'm glad my suggestion helped.

No problem about posting your question twice - I've merged both discussions together to avoid confusion. Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.