When 1Password transfers me to a site, the site is still requiring login and password (Chase Bank)

Options

Chase Bank's login and password are stored in 1Password. But when I am taken to the Chase site, it is still requiring me to fill in the info, every time. I think this changed awhile back. I may also have seen the problem elsewhere. Hoping I am in the right category.

1Password Version: 6.6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.12.3 Sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:When 1Password transfers me to a site, the site is still requiring login and password

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gdtaper1952,

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble! I've moved your message to our Saving and Filling in Browsers forum. I hope you don't mind!

Can you please let us know a few more details about your setup and the problem:

• What web browser are you using, and what version?
    • What version of the 1Password extension is installed in your browser?
    • Is this problem only happening with that one website/Login item, or with all sites/Logins you've tried?
    • What are the exact steps you take to have 1Password fill the sign-in form on that site?
    • What happens if you click on the URL field of that Login item in the main 1Password app?
    • What happens if you open that site by choosing its Login item from the 1Password extension in the browser?
    • What happens if you go to that site first, then choose the matching Login from the 1Password extension?

Thanks in advance! :)

• gdtaper1952
    gdtaper1952
    Community Member
    Options
    1. Safari 10.0.3 2. I did not have it installed - I just did it. I3. I just checked Chase and after installing the extension the proper info was filled in and working. Only had to click "login". I think that solved the problem. If I notice it elsewhere I will advise. Thanks for the help - I guess I just did not know about extensions.
  • Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gdtaper1952, that definitely explains the problem - in order for 1Password to interact with your web browser (fill web forms, prompt you to save or update Login items, etc), you'll need to have the browser extension installed. Thanks for letting us know it's working now!

You should be all set, but if you have more questions or run into any trouble, just let us know - we're always happy to help. :)

• gdtaper1952
    gdtaper1952
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks and we'll see how it goes.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• gdtaper1952
    gdtaper1952
    Community Member
    Options

Should there be the same issue with an iPhone 6S+ on iOS 10.2.1? Do I have to also install an extension on the device?

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options
  • littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @gdtaper1952,

Hopefully thightower's suggested link helps, let us know if you're still experiencing issues with this site.

• gdtaper1952
    gdtaper1952
    Community Member
    Options

Actually I did, I believe, what the link asked for, and still on my phone having to enter the login and password. I set up a new login for Chase, since it advised that old logins would not be affected. That login did not show a website on it, and I ditched it. Having an issue still.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @gdtaper1952,

Perhaps you're using the Chase iPhone app? If so unless the app developers for Chase bank have added support for 1Password, I'm afraid you'll have to manually copy and paste the username & login into the app from the 1Password for iOS app.

However, if you're using the Chase website on Safari or within 1Password's built-in browser (known as 1Browser) you should be able to fill the username & password using the 1Password iOS extension.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.