Can I change the email address on a group of account logins with one step?

DeeRay
DeeRay
Community Member

An email address used as my user name on a number of logins has been compromised. Each login has a different strong password, but I wanted to change the email address on all those logins. I can find the subgroup that used the email. Do I have to change each separately or is there any procedure for collecting them as a group and changing them all with one step?

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DeeRay: Ah, I'm sorry to hear that. I don't recall this coming up before. It isn't possible to "batch" change information in multiple items, but it may be a feature we can add in the future. I can see how it would be useful in this case. The only option currently though is to change each individually. Thanks for bringing this up!

• DeeRay
    DeeRay
    Community Member

Thanks for the response. It could be useful in this ongoing arms race of login security. Seems like I learn everything from podcasts or the NYTs these days and ReplyAll had an episode about hijacked accounts being sold on the dark web. Went to the website mentioned in the episode, haveIbeenpwned.com and found that one of my email addresses had been compromised, so I am deleting it from use in any login.

On the same topic I've moved to a 2FA app for two step verification wherever it is offered and unless I'm missing it, I don't think 1PW has it. Wondered what your plans were for adding it or rational for passing on it?

• @DeeRay,

1Password supports storing 2FA codes, you can read more about that here: https://support.1password.com/one-time-passwords/

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.