Master Password - updated master password but i'm locked out

kellypratt
kellypratt
Community Member

It was time to update master password (same one for more than a year) so i did - now

• cannot get in on macbook or on your website or via the extension --
  • Can via touch-ID on iphone (that that's not a complete sync with all vaults)

I do have an excel BU but it doesn't have all the data...
Tried solution/every article i can find.
i need help!!

I've been using 1Password for years (kind of an evangelist!) but pretty dang frustrated right now!

old: 14 characters - 1 number, 2 characters, 11 letters
new: 23 Characters: 4 characters, 1 number, 18 letters

1Password Version: 6.7 beta-3
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: 10.12.13
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kellypratt: If you changed your Master Password on another device, you'll need to unlock using the "old" one first so that the data can sync. Then you'll be able to unlock with the new password going forward. Does that help?

• kellypratt
    kellypratt
    Community Member

nope. sadly neither the old password nor the new one are working on my primary devices.

• Hi @kellypratt,

I can absolutely understand why this would be frustrating. Let's try to shed a bit of light on this... I have some questions that should help us.

1. Which device did you change your Master Password on?
    2. How did you go about changing your Master Password?
    3. Does your new Master Password work anywhere?
    4. Do either of your old or new Master Passwords contain characters with accents? (in a small number of cases that can cause a problem and I want to rule it out)

Let's start with that. If based on those answers I don't have bright ideas for how to resolve this we're going to want to get Diagnostics Reports from the device that performed the Master Password change and the other devices that are not unlocking.

Looking forward to getting this resolved for you.

Rick

• kellypratt
    kellypratt
    Community Member
    1. Changed my master password on the macbook
    2. changed it through the macbook application
    3. no the master password isn't working anywhere
    4. no accents the non letters/numbers are: > $$ !

thanks Rick

I miss my 1Password!

• @kellypratt : thanks for the quick response. i think we'll need to do the diagnostics report. Please follow the instructions on this page on the Mac that you changed the password on.

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

In the email itself (not the subject line), please include "Rick Fillion" as well as a link to this forum thread. This should notify me when it comes in (though I've had bad luck with this lately). You should hopefully get a response from our autoresponder nearly immediately with a support request id (AAA-11111-222). If you could post that support request id to this forum thread it'll help us jump between the two systems.

Rick

• kellypratt
    kellypratt
    Community Member
    edited April 2017

Rick, I sent the email but never got an auto reply, so here's what I sent.
    "Rick Fillion”

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/365578#Comment_365578

i have the zip file too that was attached to the email if you want it

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2017

Thanks @kellypratt! I'm not sure why you didn't receive a reply from our autoresponder, but I was able to find your email & diagnostics report in our system. I'll ping @rickfillion to make sure he's notified about that so he can take a look. He or someone else will get back to you as soon as possible. :)

ref: KSB-34589-345

• Thanks for pinging me, Drew. Taking a look at it now and will reply via email.

• kellypratt
    kellypratt
    Community Member

you guys have been great.. hoping we can get this resolved!! i really love my 1password and have no idea what I did to mess it up!!!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're definitely in good hands! @rickfillion is currently looking into this, and I'm sure you'll hear back via email soon. Thanks for your patience! :)

ref: KSB-34589-345

• Sorry @kellypratt. You should get an email from Jeffrey real soon if you haven't already. I'm going to be working with him to help you through this. We were just discussing best course of action to try to work through this properly for you.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.