change 1Password sync - Dropbox to iCloud, finds old vault on iCloud and requires PW for it, forgot

ddaugherty54
ddaugherty54
Community Member

I just got a new MacBook from my new employer, would like to include it to sync my 1PW vault with my existing personal iMac, iPhone and iPad. I've installed the most recent software on the new MacBook. My current 1PW vault syncs to Dropbox, but (for reasons I wont get into here) I need to move the sync to my iCloud account, which I've setup my new MacBook to also share. From my iMac, I go into Preferences/Sync and initiate the change, which first disables the Dropbox sync, then initiates a signon into my iCloud account. At that point it finds an old occurrence of my PW vault that I initially created when I first got started with 1PW, the password for which I've forgotten. I can't see any file in iCloud Drive - where is it finding this? How do I get around this?

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: change Dropbox to iCloud

Comments

• @ddaugherty54,

You can wipe out the previous version of the vault in iCloud by using the Help -> Troubleshooting -> Reset iCloud Data option, that should put your iCloud vault into a state where you're able to sync the current vault there. You can't find the file in iCloud Drive because it doesn't use iCloud Drive for sync, it makes use of Apple's CloudKit framework to sync.

Rudy

• ddaugherty54
    ddaugherty54
    Community Member

Rudy, thanks. I finally figured this out last night -all is well now. Thanks for the reply!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Rudy, you're very welcome! If you have more questions or need help with 1Password, be sure to let us know. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.