While adding a new device to the online vault, the items were doubled on my Mac. How to remove?

MLJK
MLJK
Community Member

I signed up for online vault and added a new device. During that process I was asked to upload the items (somewhat like that). I confirmed. Subsequently I had all items doubled on my Mac. Since these are around 300 items: Is there a way to remove all douplettes? Or do I have to revert to a erlier saved version of the vault?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.6.4 (664001) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox, new: 1PW online
Referrer: forum-search:remove double items

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MLJK,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble switching to a 1Password.com account!

It sounds like you added your new account to the 1Password app on your Mac, and then the app asked if you wanted to move your items from the old Primary vault to your new Private (or Personal) account vault.

After migrating all your items to your new account vault, did you delete the old Primary vault? If not, and if you still have copies of your items in the Primary vault, that's probably why you're seeing duplicates or your items. To check that, open & unlock the main 1Password app on your Mac, then click the vault switcher in the top left corner of the window (it should appear right below the red/yellow/green buttons). Choose the Primary vault if it appears there, then go to 1Password > Delete Vault... in the menu bar (follow the on-screen steps).

Please let us know how it goes, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.