Suggestion - Landscape Support for iOS Documents Photo Viewer

Options
ings
ings
Community Member

I recently converted to Families, and I'm experimenting with the Documents support to capture photos of driver's licenses, passports, etc, which can then be linked to the appropriate items. This looks like an excellent solution to a longstanding requirement many of us had.

However it suggests an improvement / refinement. When I look at Document (photo) on an iPhone (not a Plus) it's displayed in portrait mode and thus squished to fit (if it was taken in landscape, which something like a driver's license would be). The obvious solution - rotate the phone so the photo fills the screen - doesn't work since 1Password doesn't support landscape mode.

Note I'm NOT suggesting 1Password support landscape mode in general on a non plus iPhone. I AM suggesting that the Documents photo viewer support landscape mode, so that 1Password is an effective tool for storing photos of the various ID cards that currently fill my wallet up!

Dave Ings

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ings,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I could've sworn we already had this, but I've been working on a "Plus" device for the past few months. I pulled out my test device, an iPhone 6, and see that we do not seem to have landscape support on non-Plus devices.

I can certainly see how that would be helpful. I'll ask our development team to consider it for the future.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.